Phoenix was one of the widely used addons among the kodi users. Due to its free streaming services, it has been shut down. There arose a situation where a large user base of phoenix has to look for other addons. This ban doesn’t stop the phoenix from evolving. Now the Phoenix is back with the boom !!. It has been revamped in the name of Bennu. In this article, we will explain how to install and use the Bennu kodi addon.
How to install Bennu kodi addon – The Phoenix returns
1. Open the kodi software on your device, And select the settings icon.
2. In the system setting window, the list of the available setting category will be displayed. In that select file manager.
3. A file manager window will open, which includes the internal and external directories linked to your kodi device. In that double click on add source. This option enables us to add the source URL of an external file.
4. Add file source window will appear. Through this, we can add the external media source. In that window double click on NONE.
5. Now enter the media path or the file path. Enter”http://ares-repo.eu/“. And click ok.
6. Now in the below text box, Enter any name for the repository. The name should be relevant to the repository for easy identification. And click OK.
7. Now navigate back to home screen by using ESC key. And in the left pane Select ADDONS.
8. Now you will be navigated to the addons menu. From that list select package installer icon ( an icon at the top left corner ).
9. A list of Addons submenu options will be displayed. In that select install from zip file.
10. Install from zip file explore will appear, this will show the list of both internal and external links available. Which includes all of your local directories and some cloud sources. From the list select the name which you had given for media source.
11. Now the file associated with the link will be opened. Select ares repository zip file.
12. Wait for some time till the installation of the repository. Once it’s installed you will receive an addon installed notification on the top right corner of the screen.
13. Now select install from repository, to access the files located in the repository.
14. Now the list of the available repository will be displayed, From that list select ares project repository. We are installing addons through repository to ensure auto update and error-free usage of addons.
15. Now the list of available options under ares project will be displayed. In that list select addon repository.
16. In that list Select Colossus repository. Because the Bennu addon is associated with colossus repository. And colossus repository is linked ares repository.
17. Now colossal repository installation page will appear. In that select Install.
18. If you are having multiple repositories, it will ask to select the repository from which you want to install the colossus repository. In our case, we have to choose ares project repository.
19. wait for some you will receive an addon installed notification on the top right corner of the screen.
20. Press ESC key and navigate back to the addons submenu. In that again select install from repository.
21. But this time we have to chose colossus repository from the list.
22. Select video addons from the list of an available category of addons in the colossus repository.
23. Search and select Bennu from the list of video addons.
24. Now the Bennu addon installation window will be shown, in that check for the publisher ” By Bennu” or “Bennu release”. Select install.
25. If it asks for select version, select colossus repository.
26. Wait for some time, you will receive an addon installed notification. And open the addon by clicking on the name. And enjoy the show.
That’s about the installation of bennu addon. Now let us see how to use of bennu kodi addon.
How to use Bennu kodi addon
- Open the addon by clicking on the addon name and select open.
- You will find a wide variety of categories which includes movies, TV shows, Bennu kids, Taurus, New release, Archangel, Cerus, and a lot more.
- For example Movies category includes Most popular movies, these are subcategorized into this week most popular movie, this month most popular movies, and for this year.
- This also has a good collection of mid 90’s movies.
- It has a lot of other options like categorizing movie based on genres, year, rating, etc…
That’s about the installation and usage of Bennu kodi addon. Do comment below if you face any issues.