Kodi latest version 17.4 has been released recently with major bug fixes. Kodi is keenly observing the bugs and updating the application constantly to overcome it. This update of Kodi has come up with 17 bug fixes. Let us see what are the fixes provided by this update and whether it is necessary to do the update or to retain the existing version. Since Kodi team is planning on the release of version 18, Krypton version 17.4 will be the last update for the Krypton series. Though there are several issues and bugs reported, Kodi has come up with this update to fix all of them. Here we have provided the list of bug fixes and changes that are incorporated in the latest version 17.4.
Kodi krypton version 17.4 Bug Fixes and what’s new
- Fixed crash on Windows due to an issue in Python
- Fixed issue arising when enabling zero-conf on Windows
- Fixed the sporadic crash when installing or updating add-ons on Windows
- Fix issue for users with reverse proxies attempting to forward web sockets
- Fix possible issue if Linux distro uses system FFmpeg and cause black screen with 10-bit H.265
- Fix for scraping music information online to prevent overloading the provider
- Fixed native keyboard on iOS 11
- Fix issues of not loading of App icons on Android Oreo
- Fixed blanking of Kodi banner on Android O
- Fix issues with certain keymaps that were reported on Android
- Fixed wrong detection of video codec namely VP6 and VP8 on Android
- Update the FFmpeg to version 3.1.9
- Set hard requirement to use FFmpeg 3.1.x only
- Fix for Hangup when viewing recording and pressing next/previous
- Fix the music albums that were merged and scraped, and name them correctly with the information derived from the tag
- Fixed the crash arose when using ALSA on Linux
- You can now save skin settings immediately instead of shutting down to save the changes
Are there any addon features in the latest version of kodi 17.4?
No, there were not any new features added to this update. Kodi team came up with this update only to fix the bugs and issues faced by the users. There were not any security bug fixes also. So if you have not faced any issues with your Kodi, there is no necessity to do this update. In case if you face any such issues, you must update your Kodi to version 17.4. You can download the latest version from official Kodi website.
How to update to Kodi 17.4
1.For Windows, Mac, Linux:
If you are a WIndows, Linux or Mac user, you can download the update from the official Kodi website kodi.tv. Download the update and install it.
2.For Android users:
If you are an Android user, go to Play Store. Search for Kodi, if you have already installed Kodi and if there is any update it will show an update button. Just click on it to update the Kodi.
3.For Firestick users:
- Go to Fire TV or FireStick Settings -> Device or System -> Developer Options -> Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Search for Downloader application with the search icon at top of screen on Fire TV/Stick. Install Downloader.
- Add the following URL in the box – http://bit.ly/kodiv17-4 and click the “Download” button.
- Click the Install button at bottom of screen that asks if you want to update Kodi on your Fire TV or Stick.
Also, check our detailed guide on how to update kodi on firestick
That’s it about the kodi version 17.4. Follow our blog kodiforu.com for getting latest updates on kodi.