Kodi latest version 17.5 has been released recently with another bunch of fixes. Kodi is keenly observing the bugs and updating the application constantly to overcome it. Let us see what are the fixes provided by this update and whether it is necessary to do the update or to retain the existing version. Though there are several issues and bugs reported, Kodi has come up with this update to fix all of them. Although Kodi developers are keenly working on the version 18, they said that they tried to update the existing version in their mean time to fix the issues and bugs.
Kodi krypton version 17.5 Bug Fixes and new features
- Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
- More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
- Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
- Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
- Fix up and down buttons on Infrared remote control with macOS High Sierra
- Added latest Apple devices to allow retina support
- Fix not being able to add content manually to video library
- Fix power message handling for CEC
- Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
Are there any new features in the latest version of Kodi 17.5?
No, there were not any new features added to this update. Kodi team came up with this update only to fix the bugs and issues faced by the users. There were not any security bug fixes also. So if you didn’t face any issues with your Kodi, there is no necessity to do this update. In case if you face any such issues, you must update your Kodi to version 17.5. You can download the latest version from official Kodi website. They have reported that in order to experience best, update to Kodi v17.5.
How to update to Kodi 17.5
1.For Windows, Mac, Linux
If you are a Windows, Linux or Mac user, you can download the update from the official Kodi website kodi.tv. Download the update and install it.
2.For Android users
If you are an Android user, go to Play Store. Search for Kodi, if you have already installed Kodi and if there is any update it will show an update button. Just click on it to update the Kodi.
3.For Firestick users
- Go to Fire TV or FireStick Settings -> Device or System -> Developer Options -> Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Search for Downloader application with the search icon at top of screen on Fire TV/Stick. Install Downloader.
- Add the following URL in the box – https://kodi.tv/download and click the “Download” button.
- Click the Install button at bottom of screen that asks if you want to update Kodi on your Fire TV or Stick.
- To know more about how to update to Kodi on your firestick refer to this post.
Update to Kodi v17.5 and experience the best usage. The wait for Kodi v18 is still extended. Follow our site kodiforu to get regular updates about the kodi.