We majorly use kodi to watch movies, tv shows and online series. At times, there are chances of not hearing the audio clearly. Also sometimes we might not be lucky to have the movies dubbed on our language. So in such cases, subtitles would be a great way to understand the movies or shows easily. In order to satisfy the need of subtitles, kodi has provided kodi subtitles service. Yes, there are a number of subtitles addon for kodi. Amongst the list, opensubtitles is one of the best subtitles addon for kodi. You can download the subtitles on various languages. They also provide the ratings, which helps in picking the best ones! So what else you want? Let’s move to the steps for installing kodi subtitles.
How to get subtitles on kodi with opensubtitles addon?
In order to install subtitles on kodi, we are going to make use of opensubtitles kodi addon. Follow the below steps carefully to add subtitles to kodi without any errors.
1.For installing opensubtitles kodi addon, it is necessary to register for an account on their website: opensubtitles.org. Don’t worry it’s free of cost. Just go to their website and click Register.
3. Now get back to the kodi home screen and click on add-ons.
4. Then tap on the icon shown in the below image.
5. Click “Install from repository”.
6. Choose Kodi Add-on repository.7. Then scroll down the list and search for subtitles and click on it.
8. Again a list of kodi subtitles addon will load up. In that scroll down and look for opensubtitles.org.
9. Now the installation page will show up. Just tap on install and wait for few seconds.
10. Once it’s will show a notification at the top right. Again click on OpenSubtitles.org to configure the addon.
11. Select configure to login to opensubtitles.org with username and password.
12. Now a new window will open asking for the username and the password.
13. Enter the username which you have given while registering for new account.
14. Then enter the password too.
15. Once done finally click on OK button.
16. Again get back to kodi homepage and click the settings icon.
17. Go to player settings.
18. At the left column bottom you will find Standard Settings.
19. On clicking it, advanced settings will show up.20. Now it’s time to configure the settings. Select language and scroll down a bit to find “Languages to download subtitles for“.
21. Now a new window with list of multiple languages will show up. You have to select the language for which you need kodi subtitles. You can also select multiple languages if you wish.
22. The setup of opensubtitles kodi addon is almost over now. Now it’s time to check how to use this addon.
For example, let’s see how to enable subtitles on kodi by running a movie with Exodus.
How to add subtitles to kodi Exodus video addon?
1.Open exodus video addon. [Check: How to install kodi exodus addon]
2. You can select movies/ tv shows/ episodes. Here I am selecting movies for the sake of example.
3. There is a wide category for movie selection. You can either sort them in terms of genres, year of release, languages, movies that are trending among people and much more. Here I am selecting “People watching” to easily figure out some good trending movies.
4. Now you will find a list of movies that people are watching often. As I am die hard fan of Fast of Furious series, I am selecting it.
5. Now it will load the list of servers which streams this movie. I have XMOVIES server. You can try any of the server as per your wish.
6. After a few seconds of loading, your movie will start to stream! Now it’s time to enable the kodi subtitles.
7. Click on the subtitle icon as shown in the image. Now a pop up window will open. Select download subtitles option.
8. Now the addon will search for all the subtitles of the movie you are watching. As we have selected English, it shows 12 English subtitles found. Now you can filter the best ones by seeing the ratings. This is one of the best feature of opensubtitles kodi addon. The second one on my list seems to have a good rating. So I am going for it.
9. Clicking on it will download kodi subtitles and displays them. See the below image. It shows subtitles in English.
So it’s done, guys! Similarly you can download the kodi subtitles for other movies, TV shows, Series and much more with opensubtitles kodi addon. Hope you found reading our article worth your time. Do comment if you face any error or not working issues with opensubtitles kodi addon, then feel free to comment down below.