Kodi has an interesting feature, which is nothing but the option to change the skin. There are several third party Kodi builds, that gives you stunning and gorgeous skins. One among them is Gears of Wars build. This build is a part of Gears Tv repo. This addon has a lot of features like a separate section for movies, Tv shows, and Sports. It also has maintenance tools, which will let you clear the cache, purge the packages and delete the thumbnails. Let us see here how to install Gears of War build on kodi.
How to install targetin1080p repo on kodi?
1.Open Kodi. As soon as you open Kodi, you could see the home screen as in the image provided below. Just click on the settings(gear) button on the window.
2. Open the File manager. You can find the File manager at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on Add source to add the required source file of Ares project repo.
4. Now the dialog box will pop up, just double click on None and give ok.
5. Then on the next screen, you need to enter the gear tv repo URL “http://targetcreates.com/repo” without any mistakes. If you make any mistakes the path will not be added and will show up an error.
6. Now choose a desired name for the file. Here I choose it as ‘target‘. Then press ok. Remember that the file name should not have been used before.
7. Next go back to the main menu by pressing ESC key. Then click on addons in the menu.
8. Now on the top left corner, you can find an unzipper icon, just click on it.
9. Then on the next screen press Install from zip file to install the gears tv repository file.
10. Under the Install from zip file box you can find various files, just hang on to target(whatever name you save the repository file, as shown in step 6).
11.Under that choose the folder named repository.aresproject and click on it. You can find .plugin.program.targetin1080p-1.0.1.zip on the next screen. Double tap on it.
12. Now a pop-up will appear in the top right corner, once the zip file is installed. That’s about the installation of Gears Tv repo.
How to install gears of war build on kodi?
Now let us see how to install Gears of war build. Go back to your home screen. Click on Addons. Move to Program Addons.
Here you can find Targetin1080p wizard addon. Just click on it.
This will show you the home screen of the addon. You can find Targetin builds, Targetin maintenance and Targetin settings. Click on Targetin builds.
Here you can find two kinds of installs. The first one is standard install. By doing this all of your data and addons will be retained, only the skin and its associated features will be installed. The second one is Fresh install. This will wipe all your data. If you wish you can backup the data. This will give a fresh look like a fresh Kodi Gears of Wars build.
As soon as you click on any of the install options, you will see a pop-up. This will ask you if you wish to retain any of your information like provided in the list. It will automatically clear the cache, clear the packages, clear old thumbnails. If you wish you can keep your account information and login details.
Immediately an another pop up will appear, just click on build menu.
An another confirmation pop up will appear asking if you wish to install the build.
When you click on Install, it will download the required files, which comes around 250 MB. So, you have to wait till the files are downloaded and extracted. Once the files are downloaded and extracted, it will ask you if you wish to continue now or give a fresh start. You have to give a fresh start here. This will force close the addon. Wait for a few minutes and open Kodi again. Now you can see a fresh new Kodi skin with Gears of War build.
I hope the installation procedure is very clear. Install Gears of War build and see the looks and feel of the skin.