Hi all! It hasn’t been a month since the last update for Kodi was released, that is Kodi Krypton v17.5. While all the Kodi users are waiting for the much awaited Kodi v18 Leia, Kodi team has released another update to the existing Krypton version i.e. Kodi v17.6. They have posted this message on their official news page and the message was kind of expressing a mixed feeling that this will be the last update to the most successful and existing Krypton version. On the other note, the much awaited Kodi v18 series called “Leia” will be released soon. Let us stay out of Leia and will see the update v17.6 in this article.
Kodi krypton version 17.5 Bug Fixes and new features
- Fix possible crash in controller dialog.
- Update standard scrapers to the latest version available on release.
- Fix possible connection issues with the internal web server.
- Fix crash when peripheral joystick add-on is disabled.
Is there any new features in the latest Kodi version 17.6?
Unfortunately, there were not any new features added in this Kodi version 17.6. Kodi team came up with this update only to fix some of the minor bugs and issues faced by the users. There were not any security bug fixes also. So if kodi is running smooth on your device, then there is no necessity to do this update. In case if you face any such issues, you must update your Kodi to version 17.6. You can download the latest version from official Kodi website. They have reported that in order to experience best, update to Kodi v17.6.
How to update to Kodi 17.6?
1.For Windows, Mac, Linux
If you are a Windows, Linux or Mac user, you can download the update from the official Kodi website kodi.tv. Download the update and install it.
2.For Android users
If you are an Android user, go to Play Store. Search for Kodi, if you have already installed Kodi and if there is any update it will show an update button. Just click on it to update the Kodi.
3.For Firestick users
- Go to Fire TV or FireStick Settings -> Device or System -> Developer Options -> Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Search for Downloader application with the search icon at top of screen on Fire TV/Stick. Install Downloader.
- Add the following URL in the box – https://kodi.tv/download and click the “Download” button.
- Click the Install button at bottom of screen that asks if you want to update Kodi on your Fire TV or Stick.
- To know more about how to update to Kodi on your firestick refer to this post.
Update to Kodi v17.6 and experience the best usage. The wait for Kodi v18 is still extended. Follow our site kodiforu to get regular updates about the Kodi. As said earlier this will be the last update to the krypton version. And its time for Leia hereafter. We will catch you back once the Kodi v18 series “Leia” is released. As of now kindly update to the latest version Kodi v17.6 and start streaming.