If you are a user of Kodi for a long time and if you need to reset kodi to the default version then you are at the right place. A kodi reset could be necessary due to the huge collection of addon, old build, outdated Kodi setting, Kodi errors and many other reasons. We can fresh start the Kodi by resetting it to the factory settings. Here, we are going to see how to reset kodi to its factory settings using two different methods.
How to reset kodi to factory settings?
Method 1: Using Ares Wizard
Here, we are going to discuss the procedure to reset kodi to factory settings by installing Ares wizard.
1. First, launch the Kodi from your device.
2. Then, select the gear symbol from the top of your home page.
3. Now, select File Manager option from the Kodi settings.
4. Then, double click on Add Source to register add the source of ares wizard.
5. After that, click on <None> to enter the source URL.
6. Then, type your URL as “http://repo.ares-project.com/magic” in the box without any mistake.
7. After that, give media name as ARES or give the name as per wish and click OK.
8. Now, press “ESC” button twice and go back to your home page and select Addons.
9. Then, click on Package Installer Icon from the left top corner of your addons page.
10. Now, select Install from zip file from the repository page of Kodi.
11. Then, scroll down and select the name which you gave before.
12. Then, select the zip file “repository.aresproject.zip.”
13. Now it will get downloaded and installed on your device. Wait for the notification message about the installation.
14. After that, select Install from Repository from the same repository page.
15. Then, select Ares Project from the list of Repositories.
16. Now, select Program addons folder.
17. Then, select Ares Wizard from the list of Program Addons.
18. Now, click Install to complete the installation.
19. Then, choose the version of “Ares Project.”
20. Finally, you have installed the Ares Wizard on your device.
21. After installing this Ares Wizard addon then go back to your home page and select Addons.
22. Then, select Program Addons from the addons page.
23. Now, select Ares Wizard addon from the list of installed program addons.
24. After entering into the Ares Wizard kodi addon, click on More tab.
25. Then, scroll down and select “Erase all Data/ Fresh Start.
26. Now, a small pop-up will open to ask permission and click YES to reset the Factory settings.
These are the instructions to reset your Factory settings of Kodi.
How to reset Kodi and using fresh start kodi addon?
If the above addon is not working, then you have another option to reset kodi. Here, we are going to use fresh start kodi addon to reset kodi.
1. First, launch the Kodi as usual from your device.
2. Then, select the gear symbol which is on the top of your home page.
3. Now, select File Manager from the Kodi Settings.
4. Then, double click on Add Source to register your path address.
5. Now, select <None> to add your URL address.
6. Then, type http://dimitrology.com/repo in the box without any mistake and click OK.
7. Now, give the name as DIM or give the name whatever you want to call and click OK.
8. Then, go back to your home screen and select Addons.
9. Now, select Package Installer button from the top left.
10. Then, select Install from zip file option.
11. Now, click on the name which you gave before.
12. Then, select the zip file “plugin.video.freshstart.zip” from the list of files.
13. Now, your addon starts installing on your device. So, wait for the notification message.
14. Then, go back to the home page and select Addons.
15. Now, select Program Addons from the list of addons page.
16. Then, select “Fresh Start” addon from the list of installed program addons.
17. Then, click YES to reset your Kodi settings.
These are the instructions to reset kodi to the factory settings using Fresh Start addon. Do let us know via comments if you face any problem with the installation process.